Gallery 6 - Westport Harbor, MA
In 1918, one of the area's wealthiest philanthropists, E.P Charlton, commissioned a stone castle overlooking Westport Harbor. This ocean-front estate has a number of outbuildings including a carriage house, greenhouse and the one we are now working on known as "The Keep". This stone building reportedly has had different uses serving as an observatory and a library. For almost 20 years, we have been called in to work on the restoration of both the carriage house and The Keep, on which we are currently replacing the slate roof.